MAC OS X: Forum

Sync apple mail account on two computers

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
Sync apple mail account on two computers
on Oct 16, 2012 at 7:23:21 pm

For my work email account, my home computer has folders with lots of saved emails, a large inbox with lots of mail and a large folder of sent email. I’d like that all on my work computer.

I plan to use Apple Mail app on my work computer for the first time. Up till now, I have been logging in to the on-line outlook web app when at work. I don’t want to end up with dupes of mail that is still on the server if then the work Apple Mail app logs in for the first time to the account on-line. I guess I could erase all mail on-line before doing the sync, but is there a better way?

I know I can save my email folders by doing an archive of the various folders within the mail app. Can I just copy those to a portable drive and load them into the proper library folder? is there a better way?

Once synced, I’d like to keep sent mail from this account in sync on both computers.

As a workaround, I send myself copies of important mail messages, but I assume there is a better way.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]