MAC OS X: Forum

Partitioning Question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David C Jones
Partitioning Question
on Sep 8, 2012 at 3:35:23 pm

Hi All,

I have a 17" MacBook Pro (mid-2010) and wanted to partition the drive in it. If I do this, will I loose or mess up all the programs installed? Basically, I have Snow Leopard and want to install Mt. Lion but, I don't want to loose or mess up anything I'm currently using (like FCP 7). So, if I partition my drive I could keep Snow Leopard on half and install Mt. Lion on the other.

Any advice would be great!

Best,

Dave J

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Partitioning Question
on Sep 11, 2012 at 8:47:40 pm

I suppose you could do it that way. Any reason why you don't just upgrade the whole thing to ML?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Partitioning Question
on Sep 14, 2012 at 2:01:30 am

Sure. Just clone your drive before experimenting. You can try out all your stuff on the new OS and when you're happy, clone the new OS partition, wipe the drive clean and clone it back. Or you could leave your drive alone and set up the new OS on an external drive.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]