MAC OS X: Forum

MacBook Pro Early 2011.

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian keith
MacBook Pro Early 2011.
on Aug 22, 2012 at 11:56:01 pm

I have the above MacBookPro. It is great and I just added a Hybrid HD and it is great. Anyway, I want to edit HD video with it. What do I need in order to do that? I have 16 gig of ram and the HD/SSD drive. Do I need a Thunderbolt external drive? If so, what work best? What software is everyone using too? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: MacBook Pro Early 2011.
on Aug 25, 2012 at 4:51:19 pm

your media should be on an external drive. raids are best. thunderbolt is fairly new and therefore expensive but wonderful. Check out pegasus for high end. if the drives can be swapped in and out of the raid enclosure it will hold unlimited amount of media. Just buy HDs as needed. For software you can go with FCP7 if you can find a copy. Still being used but won't be updated. FCP X looks like Imovie but is capable of pro work with new features being added. Adobe premier is closet to what FCP 7 was. AVID MC feels a bit old school but is an industry standard and very solid.
Your specs can run any of these. Forums here on all these programs. Get a book and learn how to use one. Plenty of tutorials on line as well. If all you want to do is edit the stuff down, apply some transitions and titles and music track then Imovie will meet your needs.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]