MAC OS X: Forum

Both Video Converters have quit on me...

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George ClaiborneBoth Video Converters have quit on me...
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 11:07:30 pm

Hello all!

Newbie status here so I don't know who will see this to respond, but I have been using the forums for awhile to resolve issues on my own. Finally have reached the point where I need to ask questions on my own and I hope someone can assist me.

I have been using MPEG Streamclip (1.9.3b7) for quite some time now and have had very few issues with it in the past. Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate (1.0.2) I have used for about 10 months now as a secondary or additional converter. Now neither of them will work when it comes to downloading YouTube videos. (A VERY necessary tool for me to acquire motivational videos for student-athletes.)

At first, I thought I was low on memory and neither product could get a good read on the file needed. I was working on a 27" Mac OS X (vers. 10.6.8, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 4GB 1333MHz DDR3) at less than 10% of memory space left, so I cleared enough space off to feel safe about that not being the bug when I continued having issues. I dumped my current MPEG product and re-downloaded the same, hoping that would resolve the issue. No luck. It is reading the name of the file, but that is all. I get an error message every time.

The Aimersoft just isn't doing anything in the web detection areas and I don't have the manual URL entry on this version to work around the detection not working.

The only thing new to my system since before I noticed these weren't working anymore is the Microsoft Office for Mac I installed a couple of months ago. I have a hard time believing that would be the issue but was hoping I could find some better solutions or suggestions for possibilities here before I gutted the computer and started over.

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance.
George

Return to posts index

Joel HuffordRe: Both Video Converters have quit on me...
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 6:04:25 pm

Hi George,

have you tried out http://www.keepvid.com to capture YouTube videos?

the website runs a java applet that allows you to download a video from YouTube at many different resolutions.

I use it frequently and have had great success.

I hope that helps

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

George ClaiborneRe: Both Video Converters have quit on me...
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 7:03:46 pm

Thanks Joel. I had used keepvid in the past before I found MPEG and had forgotten about it. I also just updated my Aimersoft converter and have that working for me now. Still don't understand why MPEG has just stopped working, but the one I paid for is, so I guess I should just be happy with that.

Thanks for your response.

Return to posts index

kelly scottRe: Both Video Converters have quit on me...
by on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:26:41 am

I think you can try a MPEG Converter. I try one now, it does well in converting MTS/MKV to AVI,WMV,MOV,MP4,MPEG. And it's offering "Buy One Get One Free" Back to School Deals

http://prores-aic-converter.com/?cat=569

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]