MAC OS X: Forum

Macbook Pro purchased Aug 2011 Keep having issues with 32gb SanDisk Ex Pro 95mbps cards

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris LambertMacbook Pro purchased Aug 2011 Keep having issues with 32gb SanDisk Ex Pro 95mbps cards
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 4:20:17 pm

Hi all

I purchased a Mac running OSX Lion last year but recently it has started showing error code 36 with two memory cards (both Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mbps) everything else is fine but with these it will read for a few min and then basically abandon everything and refuse to read. Ejecting and putting back in seems to work after a few tries but I cannot see what is going wrong? Software? Hardware? The macbook pro is flat and there is no reason for it too suddenly become dislodged. Why just one memory card type as well?

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Craig AlanRe: Macbook Pro purchased Aug 2011 Keep having issues with 32gb SanDisk Ex Pro 95mbps cards
by on Jul 5, 2012 at 4:41:45 am

code 36 is a detection of a corrupted file. Not sure but I think sometimes the detection gets it wrong or is just overly sensitive. have you tried copying the entire folder to the mac first. Then play or import.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Macbook Pro purchased Aug 2011 Keep having issues with 32gb SanDisk Ex Pro 95mbps cards
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 1:48:55 am

[Craig Alan] "code 36 is a detection of a corrupted file. Not sure but I think sometimes the detection gets it wrong or is just overly sensitive. have you tried copying the entire folder to the mac first. Then play or import."

I actually just had this error myself, and I also thought it had something to do with my MacBook Pro and/or Lion, but it failed to playback properly in the camera or copy on a Windows machine. Thankfully, I was able to recover the footage with a utility.

Return to posts index

Chris LambertRe: Macbook Pro purchased Aug 2011 Keep having issues with 32gb SanDisk Ex Pro 95mbps cards
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 7:08:36 pm

Files all work fine...eventually. when I first had this problem I assumed it was the card dying and returned it too Amazon for a replacement but the new one started doing it straight away only on the 95mbps cards is it doing this!

literally just tried again maybe 10-15times and the only occasion it seems to have worked is when I didn't click away to another page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]