MAC OS X: Forum

Prores in OSX 10.7

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt johnson
Prores in OSX 10.7
on Jun 20, 2012 at 4:44:36 am

I just got a new macbook pro running OSX 10.7 and I installed the Adobe Production Premium 5.5, and I'm trying to get a number of codecs installed, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to install them. I've tried about a million different google searches and forum searches, and so far I've gotten nowhere, except some people said you need to buy one of FCPX or one of the other pro applications from the app store (compressor, motion, color)... but other people said your an install without ever telling me how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it no matter how I try and search.

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Prores in OSX 10.7
on Jun 21, 2012 at 11:44:53 am

What codecs are you trying to get? If you're in need of the ProRes codec and whatnot, yes, everyone is correct. You do need to purchase some version of FCP to get those codecs. If you're in need of Avid codecs, you can download those for free from Avid's website.

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
Re: Prores in OSX 10.7
on Jun 23, 2012 at 1:09:27 am

Here they are: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396

...but the installer won't let you install them unless it sees FCPX, Motion 5, or Compressor 4 installed.

You could try it with Pacifist though.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]