MAC OS X: Forum

Adobe audition on my 27 inch IMAC

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel HattonAdobe audition on my 27 inch IMAC
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 6:33:01 pm

I am using Adobe audition 5.5 in 27 inch Imac and Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro with an RE20 and have a small studio in my home. The problem I have is when recording I getting a ticking in the background. I have used M audio, Alesis, and now Mackie and still have this same problem. I talked to someone at ZZounds who thought that I may be a proximity issue. I have changed mixers, cords and locations with my studio setup and nothing seems to help. I even used an Power conditioner with no result. I am going to try an EB Hum eliminator next but am not hopeful. Any thoughts? I don't know if its Adobe or the MAC.? About to pull my hair out. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: Adobe audition on my 27 inch IMAC
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 1:46:19 am

Do you get the ticking when you record on the iMac's internal microphone? I know, awful mike, but I'm just curious.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Daniel HattonRe: Adobe audition on my 27 inch IMAC
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 1:50:21 pm

Not really! The problem seemed to start when I upgraded to Lion on my IMAC this summer. I have recorded into Garage Band and Audacity with the same set up with no Ticks and hisses. So it has to been generating from Adobe. Wondering if there others with the same problem or if Adobe has any updated drivers?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2011 at 2:59:57 pm

Two quick thoughts (I've seen the hardware you have on the other forums.) Possibly a driver is out of date. Possibly it's lion. I keep a hard drive with Snow Leopard 'built' on it (never know when you might need it.) If you don't have one, why not spend the 30-40 min it takes to install SL on a drive.

But if there is no problem with the built in microphone, it's likely to be one of the external interfaces/microphones you're using. Or not. you could be 100% right too. If it's only adobe, have you updated to the latest versions?

Best,

Jeff G

------------
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:11:53 pm

I Tried to go to Adobe's website and there is no noticeable location to download the latest drivers. I thought the same thing too. A driver issue as well. I purchased the upgrade this spring and I could call Adobe but am not hopeful they will help.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:29:49 pm

I was thinking drivers for your third party hardware. You said it's fine in Lion with the internal microphone in Audition - that leads me to suspect something odd with your other hardware + lion that only exhibits in Audition.

Best,

Jeff G

------------

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:32:38 pm

Just spent over an hour on the phone with Adobe. Trying to record and Adobe locked up on me. Now I have to call them back and be on hold for 30 minutes(LOL). There is a definite conflict with MAC and Adobe. I suspect drivers. But they don't indicate there are any driver updates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]