MAC OS X: Forum

Up dating OSX 10.6

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed HomerUp dating OSX 10.6
by on Oct 4, 2011 at 10:26:29 pm

Hi Guys,
I just did a clean install of Snow Leopard and FCS 3. When i went to update 10.6 to 10.6.7 I had to go through all the updates (.6.1 .6.2 .6.3) etc. Is there a way around this? And is 10.6.8 still a bad idea?
cheers,
Ed

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: Up dating OSX 10.6
by on Oct 5, 2011 at 11:58:50 am

Nope not a bad idea.

What you want is called a 'combo updater" and has everything rolled into one updater.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Ed HomerRe: Up dating OSX 10.6 HD Icons?
by on Oct 5, 2011 at 2:49:04 pm

Okay "Combo Up-dater" thanks.
Re: 10.6.8 I'm a FCP user and I read here that 10.6.8 was messing up FCP. Is that problem solved?
Also, since the clean install my hard drive icons are no longer on the desk top. (I have 2 drives my Mac drive for apps and a media drive). I can find the HD's in the Finder or under Go, but if I open a project that I saved it doesn't see the media files becasue path is broken. Any thoughts?
Ed

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: Up dating OSX 10.6 HD Icons?
by on Oct 5, 2011 at 3:04:59 pm

FCP has been working fine from the day 10.6.8 was out for me.

The drives being on your desktop is irrelevant - that's a finder configurable choice (prefs in finder)

Did the names of the drive or folders change - that's why a path is offline. Once you connect the first, the rest should relink.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New- my book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]