MAC OS X: Forum

new Thunderbot iMac back to OS X 10.6.8 - possible ?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelinnew Thunderbot iMac back to OS X 10.6.8 - possible ?
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 1:51:59 pm

can you "back rev" a new OS X Lion iMac with Thunderbolt back to OS X 10.6.8 ? Will it still work
properly ?

I have a client that wants to buy new iMAC's but needs to run FCP 6, which requires Rosetta for the install,and can't run under OS X Lion.

Thanks -
Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: new Thunderbot iMac back to OS X 10.6.8 - possible ?
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 11:31:15 pm

Some new iMacs came with SL installed on them and but offered a free download of Lion. Now all iMacs are Lion, so your only bet would be to install SL off of a bootable disk from one of those particular iMacs that can with SL, or from a SL disk that was released after that particular iMac came out.

And obviously you know this, but an older SL disk won't install on a newer mac due to drivers, etc. Sucks that your client doesn't have FCP7. Maybe ebay it?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: new Thunderbot iMac back to OS X 10.6.8 - possible ?
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 1:30:34 pm

Hi -
I was just told by Apple to NOT boot off of an external drive, but to partition the OS X Lion boot drive with an OS X Snow Leopard partition, boot off of this, and load FCP 6 onto this partition to work. They said that if I wiped out the OS X Lion partition, I might have hardware issues with the new iMAC.

I wish I could use FCP 7, but I need to build 40 systems like this, and they don't want to spend 40 grand on software.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]