Mac OS X password reset

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mendy Grauman
Mac OS X password reset
on Aug 12, 2011 at 7:50:34 am

Hi everyone

i am hoping that someone can help me.
I had an employee who was given a macbook pro to use. he set everything up and made an admin password.
this employee has left my company, but he does not remember the password that he used to set up the computer.
so now, i cant install any new software, make a new account, or anything like that.
i know that i could format the drive and reinstall the operating system, but i would prefer to not go that route as this would delete the iLife suite if a do a reinstall.

Is there any way for me to reset the password? or prefferably, a way to just go back to the original factory settings and start over?

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: Mac OS X password reset
on Aug 12, 2011 at 6:11:14 pm

Hi Mendy,
If you have the operating system install disc for the MBP handy, you can insert that into the computer, double click the icon once it pops up and the computer will restart and boot from the Install CD.

If you proceed to (I think, don't remember if you can do this right off the bat.) the second window of the install process, you won't start installing the OS, but you will get the option to select from a Utilities Menu at the top of the screen. Inside that Utilities Menu is an option to reset the administrator password.

Good luck!

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]