MAC OS X: Forum

What is this?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Kallas
What is this?
on May 31, 2011 at 1:15:40 pm

Looking at a webshop, this suddenly appeared. How do I kill these cookies?

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Jerry Jorgenson
Re: What is this?
on Jun 2, 2011 at 1:12:34 pm

This isn't a cookie, it's a certificate warning. There was some problem with looking up the certificate. What it's supposed to do is warn you about sites where the certificate isn't to be trusted--which doesn't mean the site is necessary bad, there are several reasons.

If you weren't going to Facebook, then the site that you were at is fudging something.

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Jun 2, 2011 at 11:22:41 pm

[Jerry Jorgenson] "his isn't a cookie, it's a certificate warning. There was some problem with looking up the certificate. What it's supposed to do is warn you about sites where the certificate isn't to be trusted--which doesn't mean the site is necessary bad, there are several reasons.
If you weren't going to Facebook, then the site that you were at is fudging something
"

thanks Jerry, the weird thing is that I was shopping online at LLBean, should I contact them?
Surely they are reputable and would not fudge something

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Jerry Jorgenson
on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:50:39 pm

LLBean should be reputable, but it shouldn't put up a FB certificate either. Although you can't get a virus on a Mac, there is malware--typically trojans--that can fool you into installing something you'd probably rather not. I suggest downloading Sophos (it's free) and have it run a scan. If you don't want it on later, you can uninstall it.
http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-mac-ho...

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Jun 6, 2011 at 10:39:27 pm

Thanks Jerry, I'll try it.
MacScan was OK but still showed the pop-up.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]