MAC OS X: Forum

imovie 09 problem

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
imovie 09 problem
on May 16, 2011 at 10:20:37 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry to bug you with a basic imovie question, but I have a deadline on a pro-bono job and I'm ready to freak out. So I thought I'd ask.

I'm using a Mac Pro with OSX 10.5.8, running Imovie '09. I've made a slideshow running 51 minutes I want to output to DVD. MY dilemma is I can output the project in any form I can use. I have tried the following:

- share>>media browswer. It quits near the end telling me there isn't enough space on the 'heap' folder (there is 70gb of space available)

- share>>IDVD. It crashes near the end of the export

- export>>Movie (or quicktime). Imovie crashes near the end.

Now things that DO work are if I break it up, but it's hard how many segments I need to cut it up and not sure if I re-edit in FCP that it will be smooth. Also I can export in low res, but that doesn't help. I also can't use XML export since I use a lot Ken burns & audio.

Basically, I'm out of ideas and I'm wasting time. I do not have the options to upgrade to snow leopard and Imovie '11, and I can't re-create the whole sequence in FCP. And in case folks are wondering, I HAD to use Imovie since the client wanted to visually mimic a production pretty closely from the previous year and that production was also done in Imovie.

So I'm just out of ideas or tricks. I've trashed the plist, renamed the project name, and did quite a few reboots, but Imovie just doesn't want to play fair. I'm open to any ideas.

Rick

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: imovie 09 problem
on May 18, 2011 at 1:05:22 pm

So, if you send over the material in 2 pieces it works, but in one it crashes?

Yeah, we're shooting in the dark. My first instinct is to break it up into two QuickTime movies...and then sew those two together.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]