MAC OS X: Forum

Emailing videos

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
karl slater
Emailing videos
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:16:07 pm

Hello all,

I am using Mac Mail Version 3.6 (936) and have Quick time player Version 7.6.6 (1632) (I think it is quick time pro?) on a Mac OS X 10.5.8.

I want to email movies from my mac mail (not as url links) to my mailing list.

Mac Mail help explains:

"If your recipients use Mail, they can play the attached movie from your message. Otherwise, they can watch the movie using QuickTime Player.

Many mail providers limit the size of messages you can send. If you have QuickTime Player, you can save your movie as a “reference movie” to reduce the file size. A reference movie is a small file that points QuickTime to an Internet location where a copy of the movie resides. When the recipient opens the reference movie, QuickTime retrieves the movie from the Internet automatically. For more information about saving movies as reference movies, see the QuickTime Player help."

My movies already reside on you tube!

I want to send the video as an email and have the recipient receive it as a video which ever mail client they use.(or at least all mac mail users etc)

I know that with gmail you can just copy and paste the you tube URL and g mail users receive it as a video! but I want to know how to do it with mac mail so that they receive it as a video

Do I have to save it as a reference movie from quick time?

Like I say it is already on You Tube...

Any help is much appreciated

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
Re: Emailing videos
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:33:55 pm

The Help page you quoted refers to video files sent as attachments, which is not your case.

Go to the YouTube page of the video you want to send and click on the Share button below it. Underneath the big link that appears is another button labeled Embed. Clicking that will open a text zone contain the embed link for your video. If you paste that into your email, I think most modern email clients will treat it correctly and show the YouTube video inside the email body. I've gotten a few emails like this through Thunderbird and webmail, and it worked fine. The wisest thing would be to test-send it to yourself to be sure.

IHTH

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]