MAC OS X: Forum

Hardware g5 powerpc question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
Hardware g5 powerpc question
on Apr 1, 2011 at 6:38:11 pm

Hi guys,

more of a hardware question, but it does have software compatability issues on Mac Os so I thought I'd ask.

Am planning to sell a powermac g5 Dual 1.8 (powerpc) G5 on ebay soon or craigslist (I know I don't expect to get too much for it). The ram is good, hard drive updated and I even had updated the graphics card to an ATI 9800 Pro 128. However the video card looks like it died and I don't want to sell this without a card (sold the OEM Geforce 5200 sometime ago). I am NOT trying to necessarily market this to a current serious computer guy who wants to run snow leopard and/or FCP studio 2, Adobe CS5, but I Do want a card that can operate Leopard OSX as well as 'work' with a decent amount of applications.

I've read the GEFORCE 6600GT, and the GEFORCE 6200 are both good. Do any of you have any opinions on them or any others you recommend? Again, cost is a big concern since I plan to just get the computer up and working decently to then turnaround and sell. Thanks for indulging me.

Rick

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Hardware g5 powerpc question
on Apr 1, 2011 at 11:11:19 pm

What's wrong with selling it with the current bad video card. Simply nock your price down what you would pay for a video card.

Why pu extra work into a machine your just going to sell.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]