MAC OS X: Forum

Monitor Problem

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael HarringtonMonitor Problem
by on Mar 30, 2011 at 1:35:11 pm

I have the 30" Cinema Display for a few years now and working without problem till I must of accidentally hit a wrong setting yesterday. The problem is this, finder window now displays larger than the monitor size and I do not see the entire finder. For instance, I do not see the menu bar at top of screen till I move my mouse up and then the screen moves to now reveal the top menu bar, now I do not see the dock till I move my mouse down and the screen moves to reveal the dock. Also, I do not see the far right of the finder window or my system hard drive till I move my mouse over to the far right, then the screen moves to display my hard drives, etc.

I've tried reseting monitor to my usual settings;

Cinema HD:
Resolution: 2560 x 1600
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

I've tried restarting the computer, selecting "Monitor Detect", changing the Monitor Resolution without any luck of correcting the problem.

It's almost like their is an "Overscan" setting I'm missing. How do I make my entire finder window fit my main monitor?

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Snow Leopard, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Jerry JorgensonRe: Monitor Problem
by on Mar 30, 2011 at 2:31:38 pm

This sounds like one of the Accessibility features. Hold down the control key and use the mouse wheel to scroll the size back to normal.

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: Monitor Problem
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 3:05:22 am

Press CMD-Opt-8

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC | Adobe Cert. Instructor
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Michael HarringtonRe: Monitor Problem
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 12:02:41 pm

Thanks for your replies, Yes, it was a newer feature I don't use. Control and Mouse to zoom the display, now I know a new feature.

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Snow Leopard, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Black Magic Mini Sync Generator, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: Monitor Problem
by on Mar 31, 2011 at 3:52:17 pm

[Michael Harrington] "it was a newer feature I don't use"

NOT a new feature at all, its been in OS X for as long as I can remember. Its just not widely known.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]