MAC OS X: Forum

CD for Windows on MAC OS X 10.6?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff MuellerCD for Windows on MAC OS X 10.6?
by on Mar 18, 2011 at 9:10:08 pm

Dumb question, maybe, but only info I found was Walter Biscardi's post from back in 2002...they must have improved things by now, hunh?

I normally make DVDs and I guess most everyone I work with (via disk anyway) is on Macs, just never realized it. But this week I gave a client a CD full of JPEGS that I made in Finder on OSX 10.6 (MacPro 1,1 Superdrive fwiw). They can see the files but can't open any of them on their Windows 7 machines. (I checked disk on Mac before delivering, no problem). I'm guessing this is a file structure issue. Is there a way around it? Would a data DVD be any different?

Your help greatly appreciated.

Jeff Mueller
http://www.ApertureVideos.com
Santa Barbara, CA

Return to posts index

Simon Carlson-ThiesRe: CD for Windows on MAC OS X 10.6?
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 4:01:27 am

Yes there are a number of ways around this issue:

Personally I use Toast Titanium to avoid this but you can do it directly in OS X. The process (there may be better ways but it works for me) is to make a disk image using disk utility. Set the size to be for a CD or DVD and set the format to be DOS FAT and the permissions as read/write. You then copy all of your data into the disc image and then in disk utility you select the image and click burn burn disc to create CD/DVD of the data. This should get you around your issue.

Cheers

Simon Carlson-Thies

Return to posts index

Jeff MuellerRe: CD for Windows on MAC OS X 10.6?
by on Mar 19, 2011 at 4:26:33 am

Thanks a million. I'll try this and get back...not quite ready for Toast as I already feel I have too much software, but that may be next, is it whole wheat?

Jeff Mueller
http://www.ApertureVideos.com
Santa Barbara, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]