MAC OS X: Forum

RAID 0 interesting problem, DW sees it, Disk Utility doesn't in app, but does in Terminal

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Schneider
RAID 0 interesting problem, DW sees it, Disk Utility doesn't in app, but does in Terminal
on Mar 15, 2011 at 5:59:01 pm

So I have a 3 drive (3x500gb) Internal RAID0 set up for speed. It is also backed up in another place.

I have encountered an odd situation. I used diskwarrior 4.1.1 and ran it on the RAID. After running it, I was asked if i wanted to replace the current structure with the new structure. I said yes, as I was able to preview it and it looked fine.

Now... restart... and RAID doesn't show up on the desktop. Check Disk Utility and it is there but not as a RAID, but rather as 3 RAID slices.

go to the command prompt and type in checkraid

and it sees all 3 drives, tells me they are online.

so I go back into DW and run the rebuild again. This time I only can bring up the RAID as the Preview. but when I tell it to replace... nothing appears on the desktop.

I am afraid the 1st DW run may have caused some problems with the partition table?

This was the 1st time I had run DW on this Striped set.

Now I am just curious how (can I?) to get it back.

I have heard about copying partition tables, re-initializing with the same parameters etc...

but does anyone have any thoughts about it? since it is all backed up, I am willing to take a chance... but also quite interested in figuring this out just for my knowledge.

THanks for any thoughts you all might have.

I have searched for similar situations, but I usually come across a RAID0 drive failing... which is not the case for me. they are all there... i just can't get them to come up as one drive...

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]