MAC OS X: Forum

Drive partition disappeared from Finder window

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Winn
Drive partition disappeared from Finder window
on Feb 14, 2011 at 10:14:42 pm

Hi,
Running on a new Mac pro, 8 core, 8gb ram. Installed an external drive & created 3 partitions. All working fine until today when I was working off the largest partition (lot of work files on there) and heard the 'poof' sound and noticed the partition disappeared from the left menu.

If I check show drives on desktop in Finder preferences, show up fine and I can work from it. Any idea how to get it to show back up in the Finder window itself? The other two partitions are still there.
Thanks for any assistance..
Sean

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Drive partition disappeared from Finder window
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:16:07 pm

[Sean Winn] "I was working off the largest partition (lot of work files on there) and heard the 'poof' sound and noticed the partition disappeared from the left menu"

That poof sound means that you must have accidentally clicked on the hard drive on the left side of the finder and pulled it out thus removing it from the list of drives shown.

From the finder menu select Go, then Computer. This will show you a list of drives/disks connected to the computer. Simply select the drive you want and drag it to the left side of the finder then let go when you see a line NOT when another drive is selected.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Sean Winn
Re: Drive partition disappeared from Finder window
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:20:30 pm

Zane - thanks, that was easy. Just really starting to learn the Mac interface. And...loving it.
Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]