MAC OS X: Forum

Dual 27 inch Cinema monitors on Mac Pro question

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Mizzell
Dual 27 inch Cinema monitors on Mac Pro question
on Nov 3, 2010 at 10:42:38 pm

I am so excited to finally enter the world of dual monitors and especially 2 of these 27 inch Cinemas. I am running them on my new hexacore processor Mac Pro and they work ok, but I can't figure out how to configure them a little better. The problem is that when i play a DVD or other video it plays video on the left monitor and audio comes from the right monitor. When I run the camera it pulls from the left monitor. I would like to know if Apple had the foresight to allow sound to come from both monitors at the same time which would certainly be nice or if there is a way to select which one I want the sound to come from?

Another question is basic setup - I have a book case behind me and these monitors are highly reflective and I can read everything behind me by looking in the monitors. Is there some basic recommendations of something I could do to improve on this problem. I have a fluorescent light overhead that provides basic desktop lighting. Do I need lighting coming from over my shoulders, or would it help to cover the shelf with black felt? Any basic idea might be very helpful and definitely appreciated.

Thanks
George

George Mizzell
The SupermagnetMan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]