MAC OS X: Forum

Live streaming with automatic transitions

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven JohnsonLive streaming with automatic transitions
by on Sep 5, 2010 at 4:49:50 am

Hi everyone, I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

I'm trying to do a live stream of events coming up with commercials inbetween every once in a while. The commercials are created, the event is in place, and I've been tearing my hair out trying to get something that I feel like should be very simple:

A broadcast that will do automatic transitions between videos and the live event.

Now I know a real switcher like Tricaster would do this, but that one is $10,000.

Microsofts Expression Encoder is the program I have fallen in love with, as it lets you do "Jump to" transitions and it can switch between live video and video clips, exactly what I want. Only it's not compatible to stream with things like Justin TV or Ustream and I want to be able to use it on a laptop, so I can move around with it and not worry about a server computer.

I know about things like Wirecast and Ustream Producer and if I have to use those and resort to them, fine I guess, but it would be so much nicer if I could be streaming live and not have to worry about clicking each commercial every time.

Anyways, if anyone knows about a program like this, or even a CHEAP switcher that would let me do something like this let me know. But it has to be software based, I can't be carrying around a physical switcher. Mac or Windows, it doesn't matter. Thanks a lot.

Steve

Return to posts index

Sachin DesaiRe: Live streaming with automatic transitions
by on Sep 9, 2010 at 4:42:33 am

try googling there are lots of software which does this. one is video dj

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

Steven JohnsonRe: Live streaming with automatic transitions
by on Sep 9, 2010 at 5:19:37 am

The solution was livestream.com. What an amazing website. And it's all web-based, so my computer doesn't get bogged down by a graphics heavy program. This is huge. That website lets you stream live, store clips, automatic transitions, video on demand. Beautiful!

Return to posts index

Sachin DesaiRe: Live streaming with automatic transitions
by on Sep 11, 2010 at 3:15:06 am

yes i found it too..

cool website with nice features

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]