MAC OS X: Forum

Video player that will stay a consistant size?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John GallinoVideo player that will stay a consistant size?
by on Aug 28, 2010 at 12:24:13 am

I just got my first Mac a few days ago and though I have some experience with the OS, this problem has me at a loss.

I recently shot hundreds of video clips for a documentary and on my old PC I was going through the process of creating an index for them with one line per clip explaining what's in the video.

Logistically, I would have the index on one half of the screen, then the folder with the clips on the other half and the VLC player down below. I would drag a clip from the folder into the player and write the info in the index. Then I would drag another and so on.

However I can't do this on the Mac because dragging a clip to VLC won't play it. If I double click it, the video is huge and takes up my whole screen. Even if I resize it, the next clip is huge again.

In quicktime, each clip opens in its own new quicktime window, which again is huge as the videos were shot in HD.

So I'm just looking for a video player that will stay a consistant size without resizing when I load a new video. I tried MPlayer but it repeatedly crashes on startup and I can't even get it to work.

Anyone have any suggestions or specific instructions that could help a Mac noob?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]