MAC OS X: Forum

DVD_ROM video fails to play correctly in Safari

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Fomo
DVD_ROM video fails to play correctly in Safari
on Jun 18, 2010 at 4:03:19 pm

I tried playing one of my DVDs from the Creative Cow master series today and no video shows in the Safari web browser. Audio plays, but no video is visible. I used to be able to play this DVD fine. Something has changed in both Safari 5 and Firefox 3.6.3 that blocks the playback of the picture portion of the video. Incidentally, I saw the Quicktime logo briefly before the video starts loading, but no picture from the video itself. I checked that the Quicktime 7.6.6 plugin is still installed that should enable playback of MP4 video which is what the DVD uses. Same plugin installed for Firefox. I get the same result on a G5 as on a Macbook Pro. However, I inserted the DVD into this old G4 powerbook I still have with Leopard 10.5.6, Safari 3.2.1 and Quicktime 7.5.5 installed and the videos play fine on that machine. The G5 has Leopard 10.5.8 and Safari 5.0 installed. The Macbook Pro has Snow Leopard 10.6.3, Safari 5 and, as I said, Quicktime 7.6.6 installed. Any ideas what I should do next? Is this an Apple bug?

The powerbook is not really the way I want to watch the DVDs.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Fomo Video
3 Edge Hill St., unit 1
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]