MAC OS X: Forum

Adding ANOTHER Monitor

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Sales
Adding ANOTHER Monitor
on Jun 12, 2010 at 11:18:31 pm

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this question is up the alley of the forum but it's worth a shot.

I'm trying to connect yet another monitor to my Editing System as a mirror for my secondary monitor. There are several ports on both monitors but none have availed. I have tried to connect via HDMI, VGA, and even S-Video but nothing comes out. Is there any thing I need to change in my Display Settings to make this happen? Or are there any suggestions on what I should try next?

I reckon should resort the manuals but who has time for that. Creative Cow is where real Tech lives and answers get found. Thanks guys for all you do!

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Adding ANOTHER Monitor
on Jun 14, 2010 at 12:04:34 am

"I reckon should resort the manuals but who has time for that."

But you seem yo have time to wait for others to answer your question, manuals are your best friend. Use them.

"I'm trying to connect yet another monitor to my Editing System as a mirror for my secondary monitor. There are several ports on both monitors but none have availed. I have tried to connect via HDMI, VGA, and even S-Video but nothing comes out."

It almost sounds like you are trying to connect one monitor directly to the other monitor.

What kind of computer do you have and what type of graphics card you you have?

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Barry Sales
on Jun 14, 2010 at 4:56:49 pm

I'm running on a Mac Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT chipset.

I bought a VGA splitter but the third monitor (HD TV) says this input is not supported, although when I plug up just one monitor with this television, it works fine as a dual monitor (using VGA).

I have also tried to piggy back the third monitor off of both the Primary and Secondary but to no avail. Another side note, my monitors are DELL 2408WFP.

Thanks for the extra eye on a solution.

Return to posts index

Barry Sales
on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:02:40 pm

Hey thanks for your response. I finally got the third monitor working. Yesterday, after I had given up on resolving it...Final Cut crashed on me. In frustration I restarted my computer and magically, it came up on the third monitor--as a mirror from the split.

Somehow my monitors got switched around but I can live with that.

Thanks for your help though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]