MAC OS X: Forum

Adobe CS5 in Macbook Pro 13"

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joana Teixeira
Adobe CS5 in Macbook Pro 13"
on Jun 12, 2010 at 11:55:22 am

Hello there.
I just found this website and I have a question about Adobe CS5 and Macs. I hope this is the right forum.

So, I'm planning on buying a Macbook Pro 13". I work in illustration/design, so I figured I wouldn't need much more. However, I tried to install CS5 Master Collection on my actual laptop (pretty cheap thing, a Fujitsu Siemens) and it doesn't support any of the programs I need except Illustrator (I wanted to install Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash - wouldn't mind keeping After Effects and Premiere but I know those are even heavier). So, I got a little scared. What if I buy the Mac and they don't work there either? I've had trouble in bringing files home from work (work has CS4 (to be updated soon), I had CS3) so I want to have the same version of CS at work and at home. Since I have no clue about computer specs, I turn to you. Would CS5 work on a Mac Pro 13"?

Thank you.

Joana

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Adobe CS5 in Macbook Pro 13"
on Jun 13, 2010 at 11:58:25 pm

"So, I'm planning on buying a Macbook Pro 13". I work in illustration/design, so I figured I wouldn't need much more."

I would rethink that. Your doing graphics your probably going to want the better graphics card (the 13 shares memory with the system ram, the 15 has designated graphics ram) and screen size of the 15".

"However, I tried to install CS5 Master Collection on my actual laptop (pretty cheap thing, a Fujitsu Siemens) and it doesn't support any of the programs I need except Illustrator"

Sounds like you have a copy of CS5 for windows. You cannot install that on the Mac OS, you will need a Mac version.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Joana Teixeira
Re: Adobe CS5 in Macbook Pro 13"
on Jun 14, 2010 at 7:57:50 am

Yes, I have a copy for windows but I'm still using Windows Vista as I haven't bought the Mac yet. I just want to know if the Macbook Pro 13" will meet the Master Collection's requirements before buying it. I tried to compare the requirements to the computer specifications on the Apple website, but I don't understand a thing, lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]