MAC OS X: Forum

Running Final Cut Studio Apps From External HDD

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelton CorcRunning Final Cut Studio Apps From External HDD
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 11:33:11 am

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it was possible to run soundtrack pro off of my external 7200rpm 1TB HDD. I cannot use up that much space on my MacBook Pro to install Soundtrack Pro, but I really need to use it for noise cancelation and voiceover recordings or voice recorded effects. It goes through USB.

Thank You

PS- I have to finish this project tonight, tuesday, or very early tomorrow so please help me out, at the very least a program that cancels some static.

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Running Final Cut Studio Apps From External HDD
by on Jun 11, 2010 at 7:29:18 pm

I think you can, but instead of that I'd suggest doing a custom installation on the internal drive. Before you install it, de-select the options for all the libraries of sound effects and music loops.

Once you cut it down to just the program (which is all you need, it sounds like) it really doesn't take up all that much space. It's the audio library that takes up all the space.

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: Running Final Cut Studio Apps From External HDD
by on Jun 12, 2010 at 1:38:51 am

FCS only let's you install the apps on the system drive in the apps folder and that is exactly where they need to be kept. If ey are moved then software update will noy be able to find them.

The best option is to choose an external drive to install all the added things on. But don't use USB it works in bursts of data not in constant streams of data.

But it sou ds like you don't even use alltheadds ons of sound track anyway so if you want you could just remove them all together.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Kelton CorcRe: Running Final Cut Studio Apps From External HDD
by on Jun 12, 2010 at 9:18:19 pm

Ok thanks guys, I will try installing it tonight!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]