MAC OS X: Forum

Capturing footage in FCP

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank MoraCapturing footage in FCP
by on May 30, 2010 at 10:36:00 pm

Hey guys Im facing a problem with Capturing footage from an HD cam to Final Cut Pro on a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5. It doesnt seem to recognize the cam a notification window comes up stating
"Unable to initialize video deck". What can i do? Please help.

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Capturing footage in FCP
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 7:20:55 pm

What kind of camera is it, and what kind of cable is being used to connect it to the computer?

Return to posts index

Frank MoraRe: Capturing footage in FCP
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 7:28:04 pm

Its a CannonAVCHD. And im using a usb cable.

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Capturing footage in FCP
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 5:34:16 pm

This is a memory-chip camera, not tape, correct?

When you plug it in, does it appear as a little drive icon in Finder? That's the first thing to check.

If it does, use the 'Log and Transfer' option in Final Cut's FILE menu. Do not use 'Log and Capture,' that's for tapes only.

You'll see the clips in the top window. Drag the ones you want to teh bottom window and wait for them to copy. When you're done, be sure to eject the drive from finder before you turn off the camera.

Return to posts index

Frank MoraRe: Capturing footage in FCP
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 6:55:23 pm

It does appear as a drive in the finder. Once i selected "Log and Transfer" I get two warnings stating "AVCHD media is unsupported on PowerPC based hardware." Will I not be able to use this camera??

Return to posts index

Craig AlanRe: Capturing footage in FCP
by on Jun 6, 2010 at 3:52:41 pm

what version FCP?

OSX 10.5.7; MAC Book PRO (EARLY 2008); Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30, Sony vx2000/PD170, Canon xl2; Pana, Sony, and Canon consumer cams; FCP certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jay KilburnRe: Capturing footage in FCP
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 4:35:46 pm

Could it be that it's connect via USB? I've had trouble in the past getting FCP to see any camera when it's connected USB. Is there firewire on that camera?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]