MAC OS X: Forum

HDD for editing

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelton CorcHDD for editing
by on May 25, 2010 at 3:28:10 am

Hey guys,

I am looking to pick up a new HDD but am limited on money, thus I have come up with 2 solutions for my 450 dollar budget. I currently have a 13" macbook pro( base model ) running Final Cut Studio 2 (may be upgrading to 3 or 4 soon) and I shoot with a Flip Ultra HD. Currently I know this is not the best setup but that is why I am here. These are the options I could have:

1. Looking for a camcorder that actually works with final cut pro and is nice HD quality, now this should be under 400, I was looking at the VIXIA HF200 from Canon. For a refurb model it will cost me 400 bones. I also need to get the HDD though and it needs to be 7200 RPM at least. Does anyone know how this camcorder preforms or any HDD's that are 7200 RPM under 75 bucks?

2. Ditch the idea of getting a new camcorder and stick with the frustrating flip and get a nicer HDD maybe more RPM's? But then look to buy another flip to coordinate more shots, but once again the Flip is a PAIN IN THE ASS.

I you are wondering why I use the horrid Flip in a Professional, or somewhat professional, work flow is because I am only in High School and do not have that much money to throw around.

Any other questions put right on this thread and I will do my darndest to answer them ASAP.

Thanks,

Kelton Corc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]