MAC OS X: Forum

after FCP 7 install - no updates available

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manolo sanchezafter FCP 7 install - no updates available
by on May 13, 2010 at 11:54:37 pm

hello,

I installed FCS 3 and after that I cannot do Sofware updates on my MacBook Pro (10.5.8) anymore.

I got "Your Software is up to date". This cant be true. FCS is not updated and before I installed it I have several updates which I didnt do (QT is stil 7.6.4 for example).

Can anybody advise me how to solve this? I did a backup with time machine before I install FCS3 so maybe that could help ending the trouble.

thank you
manolo

P.S. also Dropbox is not updating the website anymore

Return to posts index

manolo sanchezRe: after FCP 7 install - no updates available
by on May 16, 2010 at 3:39:04 am

does nobody know how to solve this? I think it might be some logfile of Software update or so. I just dont know how to find it.

thank you

Return to posts index

Craig AlanRe: after FCP 7 install - no updates available
by on May 19, 2010 at 4:55:17 am

repair permissions.

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&src=support_site.kbase.search...

OSX 10.5.7; MAC Book PRO (EARLY 2008); Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30, Sony vx2000/PD170, Canon xl2; Pana, Sony, and Canon consumer cams; FCP certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

manolo sanchezRe: after FCP 7 install - no updates available
by on May 21, 2010 at 11:38:02 am

hi Craig,

that was it, thank you.
First I didn't quite understand what you mean, but that is how I did it finally.

> opening "Disk Utility" and then

> "Repair Disk Permissions" (of the Startup Disk)

Return to posts index

Craig AlanRe: after FCP 7 install - no updates available
by on May 22, 2010 at 1:18:01 am

right. good idea to run "Repair Disk Permissions" (of the Startup Disk)
before and after any major installation or whenever you experience weird behavior. of course cloning your system drive is also a good idea (before a major change). run repair before the backup.

OSX 10.5.7; MAC Book PRO (EARLY 2008); Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30, Sony vx2000/PD170, Canon xl2; Pana, Sony, and Canon consumer cams; FCP certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]