MAC OS X: Forum

Mac Book Pro - Sony Vegas

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey J PorterMac Book Pro - Sony Vegas
by on May 10, 2010 at 3:00:13 pm

I have been a Sony Vegas user for sometime and I love it. I am currently enrolled in a film school that requires us to have Mac Book Pro's installed with Final Cut Pro which they provide as part of the course.

I am not a fan on FCP and would rather stick with Vegas. My question is I'd like to install Vegas Pro 9 on my Mac so I don't not have to buy another laptop. Is this do-able and are there any conflicts with having it on the latest version of the Mac Book Pro?

Thank You,
Casey

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: Mac Book Pro - Sony Vegas
by on May 10, 2010 at 7:54:27 pm

To the best of my knowledge vegas is windows (i could be wrong) only so you would need to set up boot camp first.

But to be honest they want you to use FCP for a reason. First off the teachers may ask for project files in which case you would have to be using FCP. And the second and perhaps bigger reason would be they want you to learn FCP. FCP is the most used editing software out there so you knowing FCP would be to your advantage.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Casey J PorterRe: Mac Book Pro - Sony Vegas
by on May 10, 2010 at 8:00:09 pm

I'm not writing off FCP or anything. But for my own projects I prefer Vegas so I would like to have both. I am not familiar with Boot Camp so i would need to learn more about that to get Windows programs to work. Thanks for the reply.

Casey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]