MAC OS X: Forum

macbook pro went to sleep and wont wake up, even with powerdown

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdonmacbook pro went to sleep and wont wake up, even with powerdown
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 7:19:26 pm

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2 GHZ 4Gb RAM 160GB Hard Drive running OSX 10.5.8.
Last night I closed the lid to put the computer to sleep, not knowing that this morning it would not wake up completely. I say "completely" because I can tell the computer and system itself wake up, but the monitor thinks it is still sleeping. I originally last night ha d an external DVI monitor plugged in, and it claims the computer is asleep, so the Mac must be confused and thinking it is asleep. I unplugged and re-plugged and unplugged again the external monitor, and all periferals, and no luck. Also forced shut down, reboot, left it on for an hour, left it off for 15 minutes, re-set the Parameter Ram 5 times upon startup. tried the install CD boot... nothing helps: the laptop screen remains dark, as well as the external display, if I choose to plug it in. I really don't know what to do.

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: macbook pro went to sleep and wont wake up, even with powerdown
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 9:45:41 pm

Sounds like there may be a problem with the video card. Make an appointment at an apple store and have them take a look at it.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Alan LaceyRe: macbook pro went to sleep and wont wake up, even with powerdown
by on May 3, 2010 at 7:45:11 pm

This happened to me on the same machine. It turned out to be a known graphics card fault and an Apple store diagnosed it and replaced the motherboard. The graphics card is on the motherboard on these machines.

My machine was well out of warrenty but as it was a known problem the repair was undertaken free of charge.

Good luck

Alan (uk)

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]