MAC OS X: Forum

2 screen Computer Monitor calibration

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
2 screen Computer Monitor calibration
on Feb 23, 2010 at 7:05:42 pm

We have always calibrated our monitors to Gracol standards for print. We'll I'm no longer in print and do video work as the majority of my daily routine. I have 2 Eizo displays. A ColorEdge CE240W and CE210W (21" and 24") displays that we use a spectrophotometer to calibrate with.

I use FCP daily and a broadcast monitor for accurate color with my Blackmagic card. But unrelated to editing work and my broadcast monitor, how can I calibrate my computer monitors and create a profile in the OSX to use so that both monitors look the same. Because right now, one screen has richer reds than the other. I can see this when I take my window and span it on both screens.

For print, the color profile gets loaded into Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and is used to accurately represent the color so that if the same image was open in all 3 apps, it would look the same side by side.

How can I achieve this with video and graphics work. Say using Apple's Motion? Do they get calibrated for RGB and not CMYK?

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]