MAC OS X: Forum

Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on the same system

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
annie napoleanSnow Leopard and Windows 7 on the same system
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 7:07:50 pm

Hi,

I am buying a Macbook pro laptop, mostly for editing and motion graphics purpose and have a few doubts concerning the same:

1)Is it a good idea to install both snow leopard and windows 7
2)Is Snow Leopard too new and problematic? In that case should I install just Leopard OS
3)Is Snow Leopard compatible with versions of Final Cut Pro?

My doubts maybe too basic, but I prefer to sound foolish than remain unaware, so please help!!
Thanks in advance :)
Annie

Return to posts index

Jeff CarpenterRe: Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on the same system
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 11:56:14 pm

1) What do you need Windows for? It will work, but running more than 1 OS takes up computer resources (and extra money). You should have a good reason before you do it, so make sure you're certain. If you do have a good reason, you'll be fine, it will work. I suggest either Parallels or Fusion instead of Boot Camp.

2) Snow Leopard is your only choice if you're buying a new Mac. Macs generally won't load an OS older than themselves. At any rate, Snow Leopard is fine now and does just fine with Final Cut.

Be sure to find Quicktime 7 in the utilities folder. Quicktime X is nice, but doesn't do as much which is why they left QT7 in Snow Leopard. Use it whenever you need to do something more than play a video.

Return to posts index

annie napoleanRe: Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on the same system
by on Mar 1, 2010 at 6:07:24 pm

Thanks Jeff :)!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]