MAC OS X: Forum

Downgrade to 10.5. without formatting?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joan Solsona
Downgrade to 10.5. without formatting?
on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:43:42 am

Hi there!

I've just installed Snow Leopard on my mac prro with 10.5, and.... nothing's working now. I can't update to 10.6.1 or 10.6.2, i can't update quicktime, final cut doesn't open...

So, i don't know if it would be more useful to try to reinstall Snow Leopard or downgrade to 10.5 again.
Is it possible to downgrade without having to format my hard drives?

Thanks in advance, help would be much appreciated.

Joan.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Downgrade to 10.5. without formatting?
on Jan 27, 2010 at 5:42:05 pm

[Joan Solsona] "Is it possible to downgrade without having to format my hard drives? "

Sure if you want to have even more problems then you are having now. When you move to a new version of an OS all the settings that you have update also, and those now updated settings will not play nice with an old version of the OS.

You can try reinstalling the OS, and but I personally would just reformat and install clean.

You should however at least boot from the install disk and run disk utility, or if you have disk warrior run that.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Joan Solsona
Re: Downgrade to 10.5. without formatting?
on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:28:03 am

thanks zane, i just formatted the hard drive and reinstalled most of the software, it was easier and quicker than i thought it would be.
I'm working now on 10.6.2 and everything seems working just fine, fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Joan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]