MAC OS X: Forum

VTR Deck Control from Mac

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard WirthVTR Deck Control from Mac
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 10:43:17 pm

I've been looking for an RS422 - Sony P2 deck control software solution for the Mac.

Anyone know of one?

I just want to remotely control the deck in a room equipped with a monitor and speakers. No editing. No ingest. Just play, pause, rewind, etc.

I've tried AJA VTR Exchange. It sees the deck through the Keyspan but refuses to control it. I assume this is because it is looking for video and there is no capture card.

According to their website, Pipeline Digital's logging software doesn't work with Intel Mac's.

Any everything else seems to be for Windows.

Return to posts index

Pasi KoivistoRe: VTR Deck Control from Mac
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 12:01:12 am

What serial cable are you using? I think the RS-422 cable differs from a standard serial cable.

/Pasi
--
Editor, Colorist.
Mac Pro, 8x3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870, KONA 3, Sony PVM20L4, Tangent Devices Wave.

Return to posts index

Richard WirthRe: VTR Deck Control from Mac
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 12:21:33 am

Typical Avid setup. A Keyspan 28 XG or B (I have both) for USB to Mac serial conversion. Then a Mac serial to DB9 9pin into the deck (via Cat5). The same arrangement works on all the Avids.

Return to posts index

Pasi KoivistoRe: VTR Deck Control from Mac
by on Jan 23, 2010 at 2:46:04 pm

I know there's a similar utility in the Black Magic software which you could try, other than that I am at a loss. Maybe you could ask in the broadcast video forum?

/Pasi
--
Editor, Colorist.
Mac Pro, 8x3 Ghz, 8 Gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870, KONA 3, Sony PVM20L4, Tangent Devices Wave.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]