MAC OS X: Forum

OSX upgrade - peripherals

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Clark
OSX upgrade - peripherals
on Dec 16, 2009 at 10:46:32 pm

My system: MacPro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad Core, Mac OSX 10.5.8

I am considering upgrading my MacPro to Snow Leopard. In the past (on a different machine) this was a problem, which resulted in wiping out a driver for a peripheral, and of course, the driver was not possible to obtain and I had to jump through hoops to find a substitute.

My question: When upgrading to Snow Leopard, should all peripherals be unplugged? Plugged in? Anyone have experience to share?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: OSX upgrade - peripherals
on Dec 17, 2009 at 3:41:35 am

Well the best thing to do would be to check the compatibility of anything you plan on using BEFORE you upgrade your OS.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Matt Geier
Re: OSX upgrade - peripherals
on Dec 17, 2009 at 3:42:48 am

Anne,

Hi --

In my "technical" experience of doing support. Of all the hardware, there's never been a time when I personally was required to unplug my external's just to upgrade my o/s. (This is my personal experience....there are times however, when unplugging peripherals will help troubleshoot hardware problems, and potentially software problems also.)

I'm sorry to hear that you had the experience with the Snow Leopard.

What was the problem you had exactly when you had an upgrade?
What "driver" was it, do you know?

(Let us know what other information you know about the problem...)

----- From what I know about the great Apple, My hunch is that they (like many other companies) would not want people to have to unplug all their things just to do an upgrade. I've had extremely good experience with the o/s and their Hardware. -------- I cannot speak for them, or Snow Leopard. I'll let someone else address you directly who has more experience about upgrades to Snow Leopard ---

Let us know,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]