MAC OS X: Forum

OSX SL with AE cs4!

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
osama rasheedOSX SL with AE cs4!
by on Dec 12, 2009 at 1:01:54 am

hello every body,
i just wanted to share with you what i have and to be corrected from you if i get something wrong.
i have here a macPro 2007, 2x 2.6, 5 GB Ram and new Snow Leopard. so the thing is that i thought that the after effect cs4 'with last update 9.0.2' will be work with the feature of the 64bit, it means there will be no limit any more with the RAM 'no limit till 3 GB', but the thing is that it still shows me in the start of the software 4% used of 3GB ram. so was i wrong with the no limit of RAM any more with adobe cs4 and other application on SL?
The other thing that i noticed is that when i open the Activity Monitor 'it is in application/utilities folder' it show me which software use how much ram and cpu. the new thing in this version with SL, it shows in the KIND line 64bit if the application use 64bit. but AE , or the whole adobe applications and FCS 2 don't have the 64bit.

so where am i wrong in my understanding? is the normal CS4 for mac are not 64bit application? and why the Final cut studio dose not support this feature?
thanks for your time and hope to have some answers from you. it will be like always ' BIG HELP'

osama rasheed

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: OSX SL with AE cs4!
by on Dec 12, 2009 at 4:02:23 pm

[osama rasheed] "is the normal CS4 for mac are not 64bit application?"

Correct, Adobe has not made a 64bit version of there software for the Mac yet. it is still 32Bit.

[osama rasheed] "and why the Final cut studio dose not support this feature? "

FCS is also currently 32Bit.

[osama rasheed] "no limit till 3 GB"

The ram limitations of 32Bit software is actually 4GB

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

osama rasheedRe: OSX SL with AE cs4!
by on Dec 13, 2009 at 2:16:34 am

hello Zane Barker,
thanks for your info about the adobe and FCS. but the quastion that i have again is : is the FCS 3 64bit or still 32bit?

The ram limitations of 32Bit software is actually 4GB
yes i knew that that 32bit is limit till 4GB bit we are taliking about that the sotware can use, while there is always 1GB for the operation system. it mean no more 4GB it is only 3GB!

thanks again for yourr replay.
with warm regardes,
osama rasheed

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: OSX SL with AE cs4!
by on Dec 13, 2009 at 4:33:28 am

[osama rasheed] "but the quastion that i have again is : is the FCS 3 64bit or still 32bit? "

I will quote my original response where I already answered that question.

[Zane Barker] "FCS is also currently 32Bit. "

[osama rasheed] "i knew that that 32bit is limit till 4GB bit we are taliking about that the sotware can use, while there is always 1GB for the operation system. it mean no more 4GB it is only 3GB! "

You are incorrect on that. Please read the following article from Apple.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA27734

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]