I just bought this eSata external case (http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cfm?Category=2696&RequestTimeOut=500).
I would like to put 4x 1.5 Tb 7200 rpm SATA drives and then configure hem with disk utility in this way. 1st I create 2x 2disk Striped Sets (so I have 2 faster 4Tb drives). Then I want to configure one to be the mirror of the orther in Mirror mode to end up with 1 fast 4Tb drive in total (+ 4Tb automatic backup in case of disk fail).
Can somebody help me fill in the gaps before I buy the drives?
1) Would you suggest to go for 2Tb instead?
2) Does the order I install the drives one on top the other affect the performance (ie 1,2,1M,2M) ?
3) What speed will I be expecting? (double, almost double, 150%, just little more than single drive) ?
4) Is it really safe? How will auto-recover work in the middle of a job?
5) Any other thing I should know ?