MAC OS X: Forum

Temporary use of PCI express card, now I can't see HD in BAY #2…

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Muri
Temporary use of PCI express card, now I can't see HD in BAY #2…
on Nov 14, 2009 at 6:01:23 pm

Howdy Cowpokes,
I recently needed to temporarily install a PCI Express card to use an external RAID via eSATA. On the first try, the RAID didn't mount on the Desktop, so I downloaded a driver from the company website and it eventually mounted. Now after I removed the PCI card and reset the Expansion Slot Utility to it's original setting, I no longer see my secondary internal drive (a 1 TB disk), located in Bay #2.

I still see my third internal drive (2 disks, in slots 3 & 4 striped RAID-0). I tried switching the undetected drive to a different slot but still nothing. Disk Utility does not see the disk in question either. I have tried resetting the PRam and also resetting the SMC, but still no luck. Also, my computer takes twice as long to boot-up after the OS chime.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Phil

Mac Pro • 10.6.2 • 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon • 5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FD-DIMM

Return to posts index

Jim McNally
Re: Temporary use of PCI express card, now I can't see HD in BAY #2…
on Nov 15, 2009 at 2:00:29 am

I read some esata drivers were causing Kernel panics in Snow Leopard. Don't know if it's related. Can driver be uninstalled?

Jim McNally
The Commercial Factory
http://www.commercialfactory.com

Return to posts index

Phil Muri
on Nov 15, 2009 at 6:14:50 am

Hey Jim,
Thanks for your idea of installing the driver… the only problem is: I don't know where to look to uninstall it. It is a Tempo SATA driver.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Phil

Return to posts index

Jim McNally
on Nov 15, 2009 at 4:49:54 pm

Look in the Hard Drive > System > Library > Extension folder and see if you can see it there. Remove it to the desktop first before deleting to see if that fixes anything.

Jim McNally
The Commercial Factory
http://www.commercialfactory.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]