MAC OS X: Forum

Best way to calibrate Dell Ultrasharp 2408 WFP ?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike MacKenzie
Best way to calibrate Dell Ultrasharp 2408 WFP ?
on Jul 7, 2009 at 7:59:16 pm

Hello...

I just purchased two Dell Ultrasharp 2408 WFP monitors for my mac system and I'm wondering what the best way to calibrate them for $200 or less.

I'm assuming I need to buy a Spyder or something similar, although I've never used one and wonder how effective they really are.

I mainly do motion graphics in After Effects, also using Photoshop & Illustrator on a daily basis in support of this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

PS I know I need a professional preview monitor but that's not an option at the moment, I'm simply looking to make my Dells as accurate as possible.

Motion Graphics Designer / Art Director
Boston, MA

System:
Mac/Leopard
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Return to posts index

Matt Doe
Re: Best way to calibrate Dell Ultrasharp 2408 WFP ?
on Aug 18, 2009 at 4:35:08 pm

I recently purchased and calibrated with the Spyder 3 Pro. I am very happy with the results on my 2 22" Samsung LCDs (the model number of the displays eludes me).

I mainly work with FCP w/ some color correction in After Effects as well as my still photography in Lightroom

It was a straight forward process, the spyder program walks you through everything. It took about 5-10 minutes or so to calibrate each display. The colorimeter in the pro also has an ambient light sensor which I thought was a nice addition.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]