MAC OS X: Forum

Everyone's Privalages set to No Access when coming of a Windows 2003 server.

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cohen
Everyone's Privalages set to No Access when coming of a Windows 2003 server.
on May 5, 2009 at 8:27:47 pm

Our graphics are created in Adobe CS4 on a windows platform then placed on a network server (also Windows based 2003 server I think)and finally we pull then off of there and place them on our Fiber SAN.

When we go thru this process the "Sharing & Permissions" for "Everyone" is set to "No Access"

When I pull the files off the network server onto an USB jump drive and them bring them over to the MAC and place them on the Fiber SAN that way the files are set to "Read" or "Read & Write" access.

This is causing a problem when we go to use the files in Final Cut Pro where we are getting a Locked file error message when we try to render the time line out.

Anyone have any idea why this would be?
It would be a lot easier to just pull the files directly onto the MAC
rather then transferring them via jump drive.

Steve Cohen

Senior Editor

O2 Media Inc.

Return to posts index

David Hall
Re: Everyone's Privalages set to No Access when coming of a Windows 2003 server.
on May 21, 2009 at 7:13:51 pm

My best guess is that the OS isn't recognizing the permissions structure that exists on the SAN. As a result its only giving access to the user that transfers the files over. Do you know if the "Ignore ownership on the volume" box is checked on the attached device's Get Info page? If it isn't, try turning it on and see if that helps.

David Hall
Service Manager
Zero One Media Center
Apple Certified Hardware Technician

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]