MAC OS X: Forum

h.264 problems with Leopard/QT??

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy Brunger
h.264 problems with Leopard/QT??
on Apr 24, 2009 at 10:04:51 am

Hi all,

Kind of an After Effects/Quicktime/OSX question...so if you can help that'd be great!....

Working on a massive After Effects project that we update annually..now it contains quite a few video clips that are h.264 (I know, I know..DON'T USE H264 IN AE!!!) but truth is, they've work absolutely fine in AE for the last 3-4 years and to go in and find which ones are h264 and re-export them all is a mammoth job we haven't got time to do.

So..the problem - all of a sudden (in the last few months) h264 clips have missing (actually they are duplicated I think) frames when tapped frame to frame in Quicktime..and subsequently also in AE. These clips were fine this time last year.

On our Tiger machines I have found the culprit to be any versions of Quicktime AFTER 7.5. I have run Pacifist and then QT 7.5 on these machines and now the clips play fine.

HOWEVER, on our Leopard machines I have gone back as far as QT 7.4 and the problem remains. I checked the install log on the machine and it was running 7.4.5 this time last year and the clips ran fine then. The only other thing I can think it is is an Mac OSX 10.5.? update that has conflicted with QT. Obviously wiping the machine down and re-installing an earlier version of Leopard is undesirable!

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Cheers,
Jim.

AE7 Pro - Nucleo - Mocha v1.2.3 - PS CS3 - FCP 5.1.4
MacPro Quad 3GHz / ATI 1900XT / 8GB RAM / OSX 10.4.11
30" ACD / Decklink SP / SONY PVM-20M4E/ Wacom Intuos 3 A4 / XServe / United Digital RAID
---------------------------------
Production Studio CS2 - Combustion 3 - Mocha v1.0.1
Win XP Pro 32 / Intel Core2Quad Q6600 / 2GB RAM / NVidia Quadro570 / DeckLink Pro / Roland DS-5s / Sony BVM-20G1E / 2 x Dell 2007FP / Wacom Intuos 3 A4 / 320GB boot/800GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]