MAC OS X: Forum

SimpleTech ProDrive not cloning main drive

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J. Tad Newberry
SimpleTech ProDrive not cloning main drive
on Mar 31, 2009 at 3:17:13 pm

I bought a 1TB ProDrive yesterday (had never heard of the brand before, maybe this is my problem!), it seemed to partition and format fine, but when I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my main system drive so I can upgrade to Panther, it went through the whole process (a couple hours), got done, but the computer said there was something wrong with the new drive and that the clone didn't actually work.

I used the e-sata cable and connection, and i do hear the drive making slight almost "gurgling" noises today every minute or so. Also, at the end of the cloning last night, it smelled pretty hot.

On the drive itself, the files seem to be there, but i have yet to try to boot from it as my guess is i would only be asking for trouble. Does anyone know what could be wrong? Is SimpleTech not a good brand? At this point, I'm going to re-format and give it another shot. If it fails again, I'll see if i can take it back and get a good ol' trusty LaCie...

Thanks again!

J. Tad Newberry
Big Ya Productions
Power Mac G5
Dual 2 GHz
http://www.bigya.tv

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: SimpleTech ProDrive not cloning main drive
on Apr 1, 2009 at 1:24:19 am

[J. Tad Newberry] "i do hear the drive making slight almost "gurgling" noises today every minute or so. Also, at the end of the cloning last night, it smelled pretty hot"

Sounds like a bad hard drive.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]