MAC OS X: Forum

Mac FCP/AE UI font size

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristel Schmidt
Mac FCP/AE UI font size
on Jan 30, 2009 at 12:34:11 am

Is there a way to increase system fonts for Apple/Adobe programs on a Tiger system? I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display at work, which in its native 2560x1600 resolution turns all my Final Cut Pro/After Effects menus, context menus and effect palettes super tiny. I guess the real problem is that all the interface elements are designed to be comfortable to use at 72 dpi, not 100 or more. -- the software has simply failed to keep up with current hardware realities.

I already installed TinkerTool, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on Final Cut or any of the Adobe programs - it only changes system fonts. I tried the Quartz Debug workaround to enlarge the UI, but that looked even worse than dropping the resolution of the monitor.

I love the monitor, but I don't want to lose my poor eyesight looking through the menus. For the past year I've just been working with a lower resolution on the monitor itself, but the blurriness is really getting on my nerves, so I bumped it back to native - hence the adjustments.

Based on my research, the only solution is to get my IT guy to upgrade to Leopard, which is supposed to make use of resolution independence. (As in, http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/06/10/24/resolution_independence_in_le... )

Does anybody here have any other solutions for this type of setup? Alternatively, are there any Leopard-owners working on a 30" Cinema Display that could comment on the matter? Would Leopard be the only solution?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]