MAC OS X: Forum

Small Issues

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Price
Small Issues
on Jan 17, 2009 at 6:56:50 pm

1.What would cause the "spinning beachball" to spin for 3-4 seconds whenever I try to open System Preferences?
2. Why would one of my 4 Mac-Pro's not be able to find the same file using finder that the other three can? All are running exact same apps and versions.

Rick Price
Orlando Magic Broadcast Services

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Small Issues
on Jan 18, 2009 at 5:37:07 am

[Rick Price] "1.What would cause the "spinning beachball" to spin for 3-4 seconds whenever I try to open System Preferences? "

If it is ONLY when you open system preferences then there may be a small issue with the application. Try repairing disk permissions and making sure the OS is up to date and you could also try deleting the preference file for the system preference app.

[Rick Price] "2. Why would one of my 4 Mac-Pro's not be able to find the same file using finder that the other three can? All are running exact same apps and versions."

What file? is it a file that you know the computer has a copy of, because if it does not have the file then obviously it will not find it.

But also check the privacy tab in the spotlight section of system preferences to see if there is anything there. Anything listed there is NOT shown in spotlight searches.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]