MAC OS X: Forum

Need to reinstall earlier version of iTunes

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J Valentine LAHEYNeed to reinstall earlier version of iTunes
by on Sep 17, 2008 at 7:51:58 pm

Hello--

I've gotten into a mess with iTunes, after installing version 8.0. It requires Quicktime 7.5.5 to run and I cannot install that version of QT; I have a Media 100 system in the same computer (G4 MDD, running the latest version of Tiger for PPC Macs), and the Media 100 won't work on Quicktime 7.5.5.

I know that I am a chump for using the Media 100. That is a bigger problem, which I am solving over a period of months. In the meantime, I need specifically to find and reinstall the last incarnation of iTunes 7 to hear my music again.

Where can I find it?

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: Need to reinstall earlier version of iTunes
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 4:23:11 am

You may be OK I think it only needs the new quicktime to play any NEW video purchases from the iTunes store.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

J Valentine LAHEYRe: Need to reinstall earlier version of iTunes
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 6:03:28 am

Yeah, I don't care about playing videos in iTunes, so one would expect it not to be a problem... BUT the WHOLE PROGRAM will not open without the latest Quicktime installed, which I cannot do for the reason I stated earlier.

That is why I am simply asking for a link to install the latest previous version of iTunes. I have backed up a version of iTunes 7 from back in January, but it is too old to read the Library file and won't open either. So a link to download the version that was current as of June or July will probably be sufficient, I would guess.

Return to posts index

Zane BarkerRe: Need to reinstall earlier version of iTunes
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 6:06:24 am

The biggest problem is not getting the old application. The BIG problem is that it has already updated your iTunes library file to a iTunes 8 file.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

J Valentine LAHEYRe: Need to reinstall earlier version of iTunes
by on Sep 18, 2008 at 6:09:26 am

Okay, I got minimally intelligent and trashed the old Library file. Now I need only reimport the nearly 100GB of music back into iTunes 7.whatever.whatever that I got. It's gonna be Oooookaaaay.

FWIW, though there are those sad lonely people out there who for whatever cannot run QT 7.5.5 who will have big twoubles, it seems, w/ iTunes 8.0.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]