MAC OS X: Forum

Undoing a bad pictures management

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
François-michel nolin maffolini
Undoing a bad pictures management
on Sep 8, 2008 at 1:10:32 am

What's up guys,
I need one of you wizards to help me on this one. It's not a FCP question but i figured that one of you know the answer.

One of my friend do a lot of photo-shoot, for events promotion. Yesterday he was doing some pictures management on his Macbook and he did a mistake. He trashed about 10 000 pictures from about hundreds of different folders thinking he had them backed-up. The good news is that he didn't emptied the trash so he still have the pictures on his laptop but he wanna know if is there an option like ''on windows'' where you can throw back files from trash in there original folders.

Thx guys.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Undoing a bad pictures management
on Sep 8, 2008 at 1:16:10 am

hello...

[François-michel nolin maffolini] "It's not a FCP question but i figured that one of you know the answer. "

that's ok - this isn't an fcp forum...

unless throwing away the files is the last thing you did (in which case you can hit ctrl-z to undo the trash action), then no - you are stuck and have to rebuild dir structures manually...

also consider time machine if running leopard - it could help you get back the structure when it was correct previously...

sitruc

Return to posts index

François-Michel Nolin Maffolini
on Sep 8, 2008 at 1:39:05 am

Wow !!! I cant believe that you cant do that. On windows you can...

BTW the FCP thing is because i posted on LAFCPUG and just copy/paste my post forgotting to erase the FCP part.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Sep 8, 2008 at 2:15:08 am

hello...

[François-Michel Nolin Maffolini] "Wow !!! I cant believe that you cant do that. On windows you can... "

if you'd like, we can list all the things that os x can do that windows doesn't...

sitruc

Return to posts index

François-Michel Nolin Maffolini
on Sep 8, 2008 at 6:45:17 am

I know that OSX is powerful, i am working only on MAC. But thats why i'm amazed thats a simple thing like that one cant be done in OSX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]