MAC OS X: Forum

Constantly changing desktop won't stop. Even when its not selected. Noob

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris CraigConstantly changing desktop won't stop. Even when its not selected. Noob
by on Aug 19, 2008 at 11:15:15 pm

Hi guys

I recently bought my first Mac 4 weeks ago after being a Windwos user for over 15 years. Its a MacMini 2ghz and it was bought to intergrate with my home entertainment system.

Currently i have it plugged into my AV receiver and dispalyed on a 42" plasma, with the aid of SwitchRes. I realise the damage it can do to a plasma, so to minimise this, i set my desktop to display a new picture every 5 secs. This worked fine. Then a week later, i discovered the crystal clear theme, that allowed my windows to be transparent. I installed that and all was fine, however due to the constand changing, my text on screen was quite illegible. So i made a black background and used that instead and removed the change image checkbox.

Alls going well, except now when i change my AV receiver over from my TV to my MiniMac ( after having watched my TV for a while ), my desktop has reverted back to the constantly changing pictures again. A quick look in my Desktop settings, still shows my black Desktop and the only way to fix this is to reboot the Mac.

I also ensured that there is never a screen saver.

Im new to the whole Mac thing, so any advice, different to what i have already done is very welcome.

All the best
Chris

Return to posts index

Brian GewRe: Constantly changing desktop won't stop. Even when its not selected. Noob
by on Oct 3, 2008 at 12:54:13 pm

[Chris Craig] " when i change my AV receiver over from my TV to my MiniMac ( after having watched my TV for a while ), my desktop has reverted back to the constantly changing pictures again."

Try This:

Open your finder window.
In the left hand bar under places choose your user name (house icon).
Once clicked scroll down and open the"folder named "Library".
Scroll down and open the folder titled preferences.
Pick the file titled "com.apple.desktop.plist".
Drag this file to the trash and it should stop.

Let me know if that works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]