MAC OS X: Forum

spaces

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig alan
spaces
on Jun 28, 2008 at 5:41:34 pm

Just getting used to spaces. When spaces and expose are both active, and I press the F key to show all active windows, only the windows within the active space are shown. I like the old behavior where all my windows are seen at once. Is there a setting/option that allows this if spaces is also active?

Opinion: assuming I’m not missing some built in options, I still don’t think they got it right. What I want is whatever I am working on to take over the whole screen, no clutter (like the desktop) seen in the background. I’d like the entire doc to be visible without having to drag the bottom corner over to the right. I’d like dictionaries or find windows to appear somewhere where they do not block my view of the document without my having to move them over. I like how without spaces enabled, the other apps disappear instantly when I command tab. With spaces I get an animated wipe, which I could live without. What I do like with spaces active is other apps being hidden. I can choose this manually with the hide others option under the apps menu. I’d like this by default. I’d like the desktop to be treated as another app so it too goes away.

OSX 10.4.11; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; G5 dual 2.5 gig; FCP 4.5, 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000/pd170;Canon xl2; Pana consumer cams; write professionally for a variety of media;teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]