MAC OS X: Forum

cannot in install os x tiger

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Schnellercannot in install os x tiger
by on Jun 6, 2008 at 2:30:13 am

I have a G4 Powermac 500meghz 1.5 ram (APG) sawtooth , I try installing tiger on a newly partition drive that was verified and repaired in disk utility. The install dvd will load base system 1 ok but half way to installing the essentials in stops responding. and gives me a message ..... errors installing software, try
reinstalling. any advice

thanks, mark

Return to posts index

Rainer WirthRe: cannot in install os x tiger
by on Jun 9, 2008 at 12:28:04 pm

Either you have a bad RAM chip (test it with Tech tools Pro) or your HD has bad blocks.
I guess a Ram chip. If you test it with tech tools you have to read the test descriptions! The computer starts directly from the DVD:

Rainer

Return to posts index

Mark SchnellerRe: cannot in install os x tiger
by on Jun 10, 2008 at 1:18:20 am

Hello Rainer

I solved the problem.. One of our forum buddies suggested that I strip out all non APPLE
hardware. So I started with the adaptec scsi card that drives may Nikon scanner. THAT
WORKED.. although it was purchased though other world computing(mac supplier) and has mac adapter written on. I think it may of failed (only a year old) it does not show up in the
scsi field in ABOUT THIS MAC. The ram could be another issue, I have 512 of apple ram that came with the G4 and purchased 512 of non apple about year ago . In the memory field it
shows all ram to be ok, Should I trust this information? Any way I was able to install tiger on
both my hard drives with out a problem and every thing is working fine. I really appreciate your advise... Guys like you make this forum work.

all the best and keep posting, Mark

Return to posts index

rainer WirthRe: cannot in install os x tiger
by on Jun 10, 2008 at 4:26:06 pm

Hi,
sounds good, at least you could install the system. No, the buildt in software is not enough. I've had this problem and even had to read the reports from tech tools pro to detect the fault. Tech tool also checks your system. My system did work, but not properly. Now my whole system works faster and more reliable. It's worth buying.

Rainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]