MAC OS X: Forum

22" cinema display still good?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
22" cinema display still good?
on Jun 5, 2008 at 6:00:21 pm

I will be buying a new octo 2.8 Pro Mac. I have a cinema display, 22 inches that I bought in 2002. I don’t see any dead pixels. It’s a bit dim compared to today’s displays but still shows a sharp image both for video and for text.

Two questions:

What adapter do I need to hook up this DVI cinema display to a new Pro Mac?

Any opinions on whether I should update to a new display? Apple care would cover both display and Pro Mac so that might be an advantage to buying new.

OSX 10.4.11; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; G5 dual 2.5 gig; FCP 4.5, 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000/pd170;Canon xl2; Pana consumer cams; write professionally for a variety of media;teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: 22" cinema display still good?
on Jun 5, 2008 at 7:57:25 pm

No adpater needed.

And I say keep it for now. That's the nice thing about Mac Pro towers. You can upgrade the monitor whenever you want.

Buy the tower now and see if you can get some more life out of the monitor. Wait for the next price drop on the monitors (may happen this year...maybe next year) and then buy a new one.

No reason you have to buy everything right now.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
22" cinema display is ADC
on Jun 6, 2008 at 5:33:34 am

Thanks Jeff,

But I'm wrong. The cinema display and the G4 Quicksilver I bought it with are both ADC. So I assume I'd need a DVI to ADC adapter. Do you think this is worth it?

OSX 10.4.11; Quicksilver Dual 1 gig; G5 dual 2.5 gig; FCP 4.5, 3.0.4; Sony camcorder vx2000/pd170;Canon xl2; Pana consumer cams; write professionally for a variety of media;teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]